Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Lesson In Faith....



I have been able to donate approx. $200 to Wyclef's Yele Foundation.

Recently, some potentially damaging info came to light re: how Yele is appropriating their funds.

Do past transgression dictate how Yele will conduct itself under such catastrophic conditions?

I'd like to think not.

But when we know better, we should do better.



Still, I will choose to have faith. After all, I do not put it past the darkness to try and fight the light. I've seen it too many times in my life. And if a Black man's charity is taking money outta the pockets of sayyyy much larger organizations, I can see someone planting some seeds of doubt to get us to send our money elsewhere.

So, my friends, if you purchase from my boutique, I will continue to send 25% of your sale to Yele.org, unless you specifically ask me not to.

There is world-vision, doctors without borders and SEVERAL local organizations who also need donations.

I just want you all to know that your donations mean the world and I do not take this responsibility lightly.

Peace.


4 comments:

  1. I am donating 25% of my daily sales to yele.org also. I just find it disheartening how certain individuals are downplaying the seriousness of what's going on in Haiti. Haiti is the poorest nation in the western hemisphere. We should have been doing this long before the earthquake. I truly believe God does things for a reason. He has spoken, and now we must deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrice,

    It's wonderful of you to donate such a HUGE percentage of your income to those in need. It's true, we should have done better before now... but we know better now, and hopefully we will continue to follow through.

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that they're trying to spread lies.. I'll have faith in Yele since they said that they use 100% of all donations, unlike big charities like Red Cross etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel much the same, Queen....

    ReplyDelete